Monday, August 1, 2011

Cakes, cakes and more...


Last week, I was asked to make a cake (and some cupcakes) for a Sweet 16 party.  A client of my husband reads my blog (Hi, Gwen!)  and kindly asked me to make a cake for her daughter's party.  She saw the pictures I posted  from Miss D's birthday and asked that I make something like it.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.  The cake was a white cake with butter cream frosting and marshmallow fondant.  Half the cupcakes were chocolate and half were vanilla cake with the butter cream frosting.  It was a fun experience.  It's the first time I've made a cake for someone else (not family or close friends).  Hope I get a chance to make more cakes.  I feel like each time I learn something new.  And nobody at home seems to be minding the leftovers either!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment