Saturday, February 15, 2014

Homemade Marshmallow Heart Pops


Homemade Marshmallow Heart Pops

I made these treats for a school Valentine's Day event.  I think they turned out really sweet!

I started with this recipe for marshmallows.  I added a touch of pink food coloring to the mixture after I added the vanilla.  You could certainly choose to add different flavor extracts to the marshmallow mixture to change it up.  I pour the marshmallow in to a large 9" x 13" pan that has been greased and lined with parchment or waxed paper.  The pan gets dusted with confectioner's sugar and I allow the marshmallow to sit over night to dry.  The next day, I used a small heart-shaped cutter to form the shapes.


Place the hearts on lollipop sticks and line up on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet.


Melt a bit of chocolate or confectioner's coating and drizzle over the heart pops.  You can add a sprinkle of mini hearts before the chocolate sets and you are all done.  Get ready to share!



No comments:

Post a Comment