Monday, August 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - August 13, 2012

Well, I survived my first week with both kids in school.  (*sniff*)  I think we are finally getting into a routine with school mornings.  So far, the packed lunches have been working out, but that really is a whole other post.  I'm sticking mostly with my plan from last year.  There are a few changes to the plan.  In my son's class, he needs to bring/have milk with his lunch everyday.  While we've pretty much have stuck with dairy lunches anyway for my daughter over the past years, this really solidifies it.  I'm trying out a few new things this year.  Now that I have two lunches (well, really three) to prepare, I feel I need some new inspirations.  I love the idea of the bento box lunch with all of the cutie faces and animals, but I wonder how does all of that stuff stay put?  Lunch boxes get tossed in the car and dropped on the ground and who knows what else before they make it to school.  I imagine everything as a jumbled mess by lunch-time.  I have a few things I'm trying out and hope to post about.  Anyway, another post for another time.

Menu:

Monday - Vegetarian Moussaka (new recipe)with Caprese salad (tomatoes and basil from the garden, yum!) and corn

Tuesday - Broccoli and Bowtie pasta  - a Barefoot Contessa favorite.  I'll omit the pine nuts though, due to allergies.

Wednesday - Mango Chicken, zucchini and corn

Thursday - Homemade Pizza, veggie and dip.

Friday - Orange Chicken and Broccoli, rice, maybe sushi salad?  challah

If you are looking for more menu ideas and plans, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment