Sunday, January 29, 2012

Golden Raisin Biscuit Cookies



Golden Raisin Biscuit Cookies

I'm trying to catch up on some recipes posts.  I actually made these in the summer and promised to make them again (I did not..oops!)  Anyway, this recipe was for my husband.  He grew up eating these cookies made from the Sunshine company (and now are discontinued).   There are a few recipes with the same name out there, but this recipe (posted on Allrecipes, but also many other sources) is the one I started with to recreate my husband's favorite.  I altered the recipe a bit.  I used vegetable shortening for the oil to get a flakier crust.  Additionally, after brushing the top with the egg, I sprinkled it with sugar.  While the end result was not exact (at least I am told) to the original, it did put a smile on my husband's face and that's a success in my book!  Anyone else remember these cookies?  Have you tried any recipes to recreate an old favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment