Monday, May 7, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - May 7, 2012

So not ready for Monday this morning.  We had a great weekend.  DH was home all weekend for the first time in a looong time.  We got some little projects around the house done.  So nice.  We even had some rain Friday.  My grill is clean and semi-fixed.  Still waiting on a part to come in the mail.  We celebrated our Cinco de Derby day in style.  Watched the races with tortilla chips, salsa, black bean salsa and guacamole.  Ate grilled fish tacos and I made a Brown Derby Cake for dessert.  Has anyone ever heard of this cake or made it?  Gosh, what a blast from the past.  Maybe it's a New Jersey thing?  Not sure.  I remember (way back when I was growing up in NJ) the Wycoff Bakery had this cake.  I didn't find too many recipes for it online, but I found a great video from the Crumb Boss.  I didn't add the peach filling and just used a box mix of devil's food cake, but it was so yummy!


Menu:
Monday - Onion Pot Roast (in the crock-pot) with carrots

Tuesday - Ravioli, crudite

Wednesday - Grilled chicken tacos, guacamole

Thursday - Homemade Pizza

Friday - Lime Scallion Chicken (made the tequila lime chicken last week!)

Looking for more recipes, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment