Monday, April 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - April 23,2012

Brrr.  It's downright chilly this morning.  The wind is howling and knocking pine cones against the house.  The weather is supposed to warm up by the end of the week, but until then, I'm layering up!

Despite the wind and temps dropping, yesterday was a great day for strawberry picking!
We are fortunate to have a farm around the corner from us.  We went a few weeks ago for a play-date for the kids.  They had a blast and I made a big batch of strawberry smoothies afterwards.

I plan on making (another) batch of my Grandmother's Strawberry Jam today.  I've already made it a few times this Spring.  I know at least one of my readers has been asking for me to post this recipe for a while (yes Keith, I promise I will this week).  I can't seem to make enough of it.  My kids go crazy for it.  Especially my son.  He could eat a jelly sandwich (nothing else, just bread and jam) everyday.  Honestly, he could probably just sit and eat the whole jar with a spoon, if I let him!  :)

Anyway, back to the menu plan:

Monday - Minestrone soup with homemade baguettes.

Tuesday - Pasta night

Wednesday - Peach Whiskey Chicken, from The Pioneer Woman's new cookbook...I just got my book from Amazon on Friday and I can't wait to dive in!

Thursday - Maybe Macaroni and Cheese, veggies

Friday - Pecan Chicken, Challah.

If you would like more ideas for menus and recipes, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

P.S. I updated the page with a link to the recipe for the jam.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great menu plan. the jam recipe sounds good.

    ReplyDelete