Monday, October 31, 2011

Cars Birthday Cake



Here's the Cars birthday cake.  I made the bottom layer root beer cake and the top layer is vanilla white cake with a vanilla buttercream, so the end result was a root beer float cake!  I used this recipe for the root beer cake.  I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 13" x 9" x 3" pan for about 45 minutes.  For the white cake, I used this recipe, doubled and baked in the same size pan, again for about 45-50 minutes.  The "stands" were made with rice crispie treats covered in marshmallow fondant.  The cars on top were baked in this cakelette pan from Williams-Sonoma.  I only decorated Lightening McQueen and Mater, because the cakelettes were a bit more labor-intensive than I had hoped, but still cute anyway.  I had made marshmallow fondant for all the cakelette characters and perhaps I will be able to try to do them later this week.  Personally, I think the cakelettes taste just fine plain!  :)

All in all, a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment